View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 04:12 PM
Rick

Mark, I can’t really comment on the market for Brooklyn pennants, but I believe you are correct regarding Brooklyn memorabilia in general. Richard Simon (veteran autograph dealer) made the same comment a while ago regarding autographs. While I am an avid Dodger collector, I am marginally too young to relate too much to the Brooklyn team (plus I grew up in LA). I used to collect both LA and Brooklyn because I appreciated the history of the team, but about 5 years ago I quit buying Brooklyn stuff in general and actually sold off a lot of what I already had (other than anything relating to Jackie), mainly figuring the Brooklyn collector base would begin to shrink each year as they aged and quit buying. The connection to Brooklyn is fairly weak here in LA, and a lot of fans aren't even aware that the team moved here from Brooklyn. Certain Brooklyn players like Snider and Hodges still do well because they are also known from their playing days in LA and were popular here, but I think there is a definite softening in prices for players whose careers were strictly in Brooklyn. Incidentally, I believe prices have softened for items relating to early (1958-1970) LA players as well.

Rick