View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 12:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Wiltse (pitching) card

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMcKenzie View Post
I thought I would revive this thread to talk about Hooks Wiltse, as he has 6 cards in the T213-2 set, 3 portraits and 3 pitching. His easiest to find are his 1914 NY Giants cards, next are his 1915 Jersey City cards, and as Rick pointed out in another thread, his Brooklyn cards are the most difficult to find. I have 5/6, missing the Brooklyn portrait.

What's interesting about the Wiltse cards, is that T213-2 clearly had at least 2 print runs in 1915. This sabr bio shows that Wiltse started the season with Jersey City, and later in the season moved to Brooklyn.

www.sabr.org/bioproj/person/ce9bc9aa

Rob.....very interesting....great research.

Regarding the Wiltse (pitching) card, here are two bits of information with respect to its T206 version that may interest you.

1st.....Wiltse's T206 card is in the group of AB 460/UZIT "twins" that were issued at the very tail-end of the T206 production cycle at American
Lithographic (circa Feb-March 1911). So, given here is a starting timeline for this card prior to its T213-2 issue dates.
This date is evident in an ATC ledger to this effect. Refer to Post #97.. https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...=237816&page=2

2nd..Wiltse's T206 card has a trivial printing omission. In the caption, the DOT after the "Y" in "N. Y." is missing (no other T206 has this error).

TED Z

T206 Reference