View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
You are a young guy, right? With decades for your money to grow, you are overthinking this. Buy a broad index (Vanguard's Total Stock Market Index and Total International Stock Market Index, as examples) and don't touch it. Over the course of several decades, what happens in the short term will be just a blip.

As for waiting until the virus is "under control" and less fear in the media, one of Warren Buffett's most famous axioms is "Be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy."

Catching the absolute bottom of a bear market is impossible to predict, even for the best money managers.
Yes, I am a young dude. 23. And I totally agree with you. Thank you for the response. That has been essentially the bulk of my investments to date is rocking these index funds, but just in terms of individual stocks. I would hate to miss out on a great opportunity to buy some previously unaffordable stocks and really ride the upward momentum. Obviously a small percentage of my portfolio.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.