View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 01:20 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by benge610 View Post
I am perfectly fine "bottom feeding" real raw/graded caramels; it is still a most enjoyable hobby.
Exactly. I mean, I don't want to break up a fine whining session, but the obvious solution is to stop playing the game. Find a segment of the hobby that is not reliant on TPG and see if it interests you. If so, forget the slabs and all the headaches, and take your business elsewhere. I bought one (1) slabbed card at the National last year and it was slabbed by CSA (remember them?) and was purchased solely to crack out and join my raw card collection because I could see that the card was good. Guess what: I had a great time ignoring the slabs, better than in a lot of other years. Now I am watching thousands of slabbed cards outed as altered and it is just a spectator sport to me. I sit back and enjoy my albums, and spend my time introducing slabs to Mr. Dremel...

"A Card Collection is a magic carpet that takes you away from work-a-day cares to havens of relaxing quietude where you can relive the pleasures and adventures of a past day--brought to life with vivid pictures and prose."--Jefferson Burdick

This is supposed to be fun, not a stressor; if it isn't doing that for you, do yourself a favor and walk away.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 02-20-2020 at 01:23 PM.