View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Cliff, since you first posted about this, I have found a few....the Roberts, DaVanon and Bibby I had not seen before. What is interesting is that some copies of the same card have varying levels of this anomaly showing. The Foster I show has much less than yours and on the two Dobson cards the difference is quite noticeable. The Bonham and Reed are non-related variants.
You are right about the varying degrees, ideally I am trying to end up with examples that are 50/50 right down the middle. My Alan Foster goes a little too far and I would like to end up with one closer to yours. I have a Boisclair but it doesn't match the pattern at all, too large and it wound up on the wrong side. Your Bibby would fit in perfectly because it is roughly 50/50, and your Dobson would be a better example than mine. I believe you also have an Aurelio Rodriguez that is a better example than mine. The Roberts and the DaVanon are from different sheets, I have some that are from different sheets but they are so rare and random that I haven't been able to pick up patterns of which cards are affected on those sheets. The Bonham is on a different sheet and is recurring. It also affects the Tiant next to it, but it is much less on the Tiant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77 errors.jpg (80.3 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg 77 boisclair.jpg (76.7 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg 77 bonham tiant.jpg (78.9 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg 1772-1977-topps-uncut-sheets-bruce-sutter-rookie-4b.jpg (74.0 KB, 222 views)