View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 08:53 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I am no auctioneer nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. I do know about shill bidding though. It is done 2 ways most of the time when the winner is really shilling.

The shill bidder pays for the item and all the fees. This is still shill bidding even though the shiller paid because their plan was to inflate the price. I have seen shillers say that as long as they pay it is OK. To me it is just an excuse used by a POS.

The other main one is the seller just cancels the sale to avoid fees.

Both of these happen a LOT.

Then there is also just the opposite. People don't fallow through with sales because they did not bring enough $ at auction. Then they relist the same item over and over till it brings the price they want. What is even funnier is all the posts asking "what can I do, the seller canceled and won't send me the item I won". Answer is nothing.

I love this hobby.
It’s a major headache Ben isn’t it !!

My question is what is legal and when is it not, the scenario I outlined above I’m most concerned about.

Only what’s legal and what isn’t. Not ethical not against best practice not slime ball just what’s Legal and when is it Illegal