View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:03 PM
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Jesus H Christ...The Holy Grail of modern pennants! That's a beauty. I've been stalking for a long time. On ETSY no less...I did my last thorough troll of that site a few months ago. It's a long tedious task. Congrats....Next to me, you're the best person to own that.

Please tell me you got the one that ended tonight. I had an itchy trigger finger but I stood down. Went cheap.

Rob
I was outbid on the ebay pennant at the last second (red 1981 NFC champs bootleg). I have a copy, although mine has a bit of damage and I was interested in upgrading. Probably should have gone a bit higher, because the one tonight was pretty nice. Sigh. I also have two yellow (gold?) versions of the bootleg pennant (see below).

I also picked up a copy of another bootleg yellow 49ers pennant. I am assuming that all of these are bootlegs because there is no NFL logo or any indication that they were licensed products. These pennants are all uncommon.

I also recently picked up a strange 1982 (I know because it is dated) pennant with a cartoonish 49er throwing a ball. It's 3/4 size. I had never seen it before and I like pennants connected with the 1981/1982 team (even if i don't really like the design).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1981 49ers bootlegs.jpg (78.1 KB, 194 views)
File Type: jpg 49ers cartoon 1982.jpg (79.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Yellow 49ers bootleg.jpg (81.2 KB, 193 views)