View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Rob

Knocked out of commission with a cold today so I'm a few episodes into an American Pickers marathon. It's not often I've seen them take interest in a pennant but in the "California Picking" episode they found one they wanted. It was a 26 inch 1946 Laconia, NH motorcycle rally pennant. Mike says he thinks the retail is $500-$600 and pays $400 for it. This is a picture of that pennant (but not the one Mike bought):

image host

So I got curious and did some research. I could only find one sale of this pennant and it sold for $71 in 2014. One sale doesn't tell much of a story though, so I decided to search for Laconia bike rally pennants from any year and found quite a few. Unfortunately for the American Pickers, the highest sale from any year was only $286 and that was from the 1937 rally. I'm thinking Mike might still have this one hanging on his wall.

Can't say I haven't made that same mistake a time or two.

Then in the next episode...also in California...One of the guys they visit has an old San Francisco Giants pennant hanging on the wall. It's this one from Egner's book. They had no interest. LOL

image host