View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 10:47 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

There's another part of this which came out in November 2018 and that is the forged autographed T206 and 1933 Goudey's which are tied into the grading companies, J. Spence and the auction houses. I filed a few FOIA requests to the FBI recently because this particular case hasn't been resolved.

I went back as far as 2010 (though I think you can go back as far as 1991) but while the FBI and the Justice Department were going after Bill Mastro, they and members of Congress threatened the "Hobby" that if they didn't clean up its act, they would. Most people were at the time saying "I'll see it when I believe it" and to a degree, it's been a correct statement.

We can blame the grading companies and auction houses all we want to, but some of the blame has to go to the collectors as well. There are a lot of great dealers, auctions and collectors, but too many turn a blind eye because of the amount of money that's invested -and then there are people who dont know what's going on either who also continue to do business as usual.

Last edited by topcat61; 12-30-2019 at 10:49 AM.