View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 08:52 PM
Curt

Default Frank Robinson Topps Fan Favorites Autograph

i stumbled upon one of these on ebay and something seemed off. Topps Fan Favorites have featured players like Robinson, but they are usually new versions of older styled cards. For example, one year they made a 1971 Robinson FF auto card in a different photo than the original 1971 Topps Robinson card.

I also know that some of the Archive/Fan Favorites have been buyback types, but those typically were numbered.

After seeing this and doing some searching, I found another Robinson, but a different year. They look similar, except they are different years. I thought I was on to something when I found out 2012 Archives was going to feature 88 unnumbered buyback cards of Robinson, autographed, but it seems the literature indicated that they would all be his 1991 Topps card.

Would anyone like to render an opinion as to whether or not these are a legit Topps issued, certified autograph card or aftermarket fakes. Helping to cast some doubt is that one card was being sold by tntnortnj. The other was by a different seller who's name I didn't recognize, good or bad, thecollectorstorelic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600-1.jpg (76.6 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (77.7 KB, 231 views)