View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 01:21 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
I think it’s nuts we still don’t know who the seller is?

Peter/Mark and anyone else supporting the seller here, I don’t want to get into it (we disagree), but regardless of who you think is right and wrong, would you feel comfortable selling any card to the seller? I wouldn’t!

I think we would all be better off knowing who is out there on eBay cracking cards out, submitting them, and then returning them if they don’t fish their wish.
If I had a GAI high-end card, it would come down to this: IF the card is doctored (assuming I don't know), would I rather:

1. Foist it on a buyer at a near mint price, or
2. Would I prefer to know about the alterations, and deal with that event, knowing I would be selling it for thousands less.

I would like to say I would do the latter, but I have to admit, I might be able to rationalize the former, depending how much the extra money meant to me at the time.

If the former then no, because this buyer verifies authenticity of his purchases and it would be unlikely I could sneak a doctored card past him.

If the latter, then yes, because the buyer and I would both want to know the truth about the card, and him spending his own money to have PSA identify the doctoring would actually be helping me in learning the truth.

Having said that, as has been pointed out, there is a lot we don't know, and we have only heard one side of the story. I also wonder what form the PSA opinion is in, since they apparently did not slab the card.

I see both sides of this issue. It is an unfortunate situation and an innocent person is going to be hurt, since I assume the card doctor got away with his ill-gotten gain a decade ago.