View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 08:34 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Ok, so you're a straw man guy. Got it.

I didn't realize there was any proof the card originally in the GAI holder was altered. PSA declared it was after the card was removed from the holder. There is no understanding of whether or not the card was altered after being cracked out, by the buyer. It may have been fine in the GAI holder, just overgraded.

Again, the precedent this sets is that any card can be removed from the holder and returned for a refund. Which would lead to even more fraud. I am all for rooting out fraud in the space, this just doesn't seem like the same thing. Your arguments are being read as white-knighting for the buyer, who know they did something wrong and are trying to pass the buck back to the unsuspecting seller.
Not sure why you feel a need to call me a straw man or white knighting for the buyer, but whatever. I thought we were having an honest and mutually repectful discussion about something that has a lot of angles to it, and serious ramifications going forward.

Ebay has said that they treat GAI differently than the current, recognized TPG: Beckett, PSA, SGC. So your precedent of people cracking, resubmitting, and returning wouldn't work on ebay regarding those slabs in the first place.

And I don't think it should've worked had alterations not been discovered in this case. This is NOT a matter of a guy buying a card, trying to get a better grade, seeing he can't, then returning the card out of its slab. Everybody in the world knows that would be wrong. This is about discovering and exposing a deception that seriously impacts the value of the actual card.

You didn't respond to my answer to your computer scenario. I am curious what your thoughts are, so I'll repeat my question to you:

What if I buy a computer system described as new, slice the factory warranty sticker on the tower and discover they sold me a system frankensteined together with a bunch of used parts? Is the fact I needed to slice the sticker to inspect it enough for them to put the blame on ME, while conveniently overlooking the real fraud?