View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 07:01 AM
Jeff Willi@ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreader3 View Post
Appreciate all the feedback. My perspective seems to be in line with many, but differs from some. Which is fine.

From my personal perspective, I will NEVER deal with a seller who lists a card on eBay at a Buy It Now with Best Offer, then hikes the Buy It Now price immediately in response to my good faith offer. Sorry, excuses/justifications like "he's a good guy" and "maybe the card was already sold" just don't cut it for me.

(I acknowledged in my OP that the seller is legally entitled to "do what he wants" with regard to pricing of his card. That's hardly the point. Not all that is legal is ethical. This is a question of business ethics. Jay, I think you are a great guy, have read your book cover to cover, and appreciate all you have done for the hobby. But if you "see no problem" with hiking your BIN as a reflexive reaction to a good faith offer, I would ask you to revisit).

Scot Reader
not sure I understand why you feel entitled for the card to not change price?

Had you bought the card for the posted price, of course he can't change it, but increasing prices in a sellers market seems totally fine.