Thread: Shriner's Show
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

It was a fun show this year, had a great time. One dealer had a mid-1920's full Homestead Grays uniform. Apparently it is a new find and really nice.

I agree, didn't see a lot of 19th Century cards, and both SGC and PSA had strong customer lines. Too much new stuff for my tastes and inflated prices. There were some disgruntled collectors and a few dealers with regard to Hobby prices and what's going on with the grading companies, etc, but overall it was packed.

There were deals, but you had to look for them and honestly, it was a show where you really needed to take your time.

I generally complain about the prices at shows to begin with and mostly have an easier time getting what I want or need on ebay. With that said, ebay has nothing on the people you'll meet at a show, and this one probably being the largest in New England, was excellent! The loudspeakers dont sound like that SNL skit about the MBTA train conductors but they still need to work on the lighting -got Joe vs the Volcano office vibes while trying to see any flaws in what I was looking at.