View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
It may be valuable to a handful of folks, perhaps collectors who needs every A's player or MLB player. I had to look him up myself. I can appreciate a tough obscure signature to complete a run, but how much will anyone pay for that kind of signature is probably hard to pin down.

I have been trying to collect all the early Mariner cards signed and learned along the way that Rick Anderson on his 1981 Topps Prospects card is quite tough and likely an impossibility to me and my budget/. I saw one sell for over $1K on ebay. I believe the high value there was for the card itself signed and not just the signature though, as I had seen 3x5s signed bu him for under $100. It just takes 2, sometimes just 1 to make you scratch your head and wonder why?

I had to look him up too. Agree with you on your assessment. But I know a few years ago (or more) the Cincinnati Reds HOF wanted to create a wall of every known Reds' player's autograph. They were 99.9% complete, missing only examples of some of the earliest players, or players that only played just a handful of games. But I can suppose they paid a beauty price here or there attempting to get some of these - the one's you call head scratchers.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo