View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 01:47 PM
Guy Bourque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
I feel somewhat sad and bittersweet. As someone who grew up in Montreal and attended many, many games every year, I’m unsure if I am happy for my old team, or just saddened that the Expos could not get there where my old home town could celebrate.
MY THOUGHTS ON THE NATS WIN
I have no ill feelings towards the Washington team, they deserved the win, they played hard and never gave up. But it's really a stretch to see many people saying how this was finally a win for the Expos franchise ! The majority of fans in Montreal see absolutely no redeeming value for our baseball history other than the fact that this was a team that was built on the skeleton of another. To create an equivalency between our history and this win being our vindication is absolute rubbish in my opinion. Having sat in Jarry Park and Olympic stadium in the early and late 70's, listening to Ted Tevan religiously, and believing that parade of his would happen, being at game 3 of the 81 NLCS, screaming at Jerry White's 3 run homer, following every game on the radio, when there wasn't 24 hr sports coverage, and a handful of broadcasts, checking box scores in the next morning's paper for late games on the west coast, or falling asleep with a small transistor radio under my pillow. The 80's, the 90's, 1994, 2003 September, and too many other things I could write a book about. All these memories cannot be reconciled with a WS series win by the team in Washington, and never will. BRING BACK MY BELOVED EXPOS TO MONTREAL "NOS AMOURS"