View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Except that it's exactly what you would expect and could have predicted, no?
I was thinking in terms of a response from a CEO of a publicly traded company dismissing an issue as immaterial when in my opinion it is clearly germane to their business where the potential liability to their company is significant.

On the other hand you bring up a great point: this is just another example of lame rhetoric by Orlando used to smooth over, deflect and dismiss just another PSA scandal and naturally his response doesn't surprise me in the least. He gave me the scorched earth treatment when I publicly exposed examples of doctored PSA cards ten years ago, by banning me, deleting registry sets, etc and never publicly addressed the issue. I wasn't alone; there were other disgruntled collectors who endured the same fate. One has to wonder what kind of retribution he imposed on the stock analysts who brought up the questions regarding trimmed cards in the recent quarterly results meeting?

I'm reminded when Ken Lay the CEO of Enron assured employees and stockholders all is well with Enron and promoted a bright future and cajoled the said parties to buy even more Enron stock when in fact the company was quietly floundering into a state of disaster. Lay was later convicted of multiple crimes including making false statements. Whether that applies to this situation, I'll leave that to the legal experts.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain