View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Argument for why Tobacco insert cards cannot realistically be Grades of 8 or 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoPoto View Post
Ted, that is a wonderful answer. I envy your Grandson. I apologize for seeming to pry into your personal plans. My point is an extension of my prediction that the TPG's will soon make it impossible to crack out a graded mid-grade card, doctor it, and get it regraded without being discovered. If I'm right, it will force the doctors to focus on raw cards and create a situation where getting raw cards graded is the only way to prevent them from being doctored before they are graded. I trust your Grandson to sort it out.

George

No need to apologize, you are not prying. Here's my Grandson, Ron.....he graduated from the Univ. of Maine several years ago.
He has a collection of BB card sets (1984 Donruss, 1981 - 1987 Topps). When he was a teenager, he would mow our lawn, and
I would reward him with one of these sets. His favorite cards, though, is his 1952 Topps reprint set. He framed the Mantle card.

Continuing my vast collection is not completely devoid of graded cards. I do have several PSA 5's and 6's, and several SGC 60's.
Furthermore, my T206 Plank, Demmitt, O'Hara, and SOVEREIGN 460 red Cobb are graded "A".

"A" for awesome, and affordable

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 09-09-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.