View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvor View Post
I sold a card on ebay for $280 and it shows delivered on Friday. They guy leaves positive feedback, but then I get the message:

Hey… I accidentally just left feedback for this item. It said it was delivered however it was not. I’ve reached out to the local post office to try to get in touch with the carrier. Sorry to be a pain, did you purchase insurance? I will keep you posted.

I just used the insurance that comes with the regular mail. $50 or whatever. Not sure it would matter as it says it's delivered.

I called ebay to let them know the situation. She seemed to think I was ok, but I don't have a lot of faith in the first line customer service people.

One caveat - I had two of the exact same card, same grade. When I relisted, I didn't upload the new photo. In our ebay messages, prior to him purchasing, I sent him pics of the new card with the new cert number and he said it looked great, then paid me. I *think* I should be ok, but thinking this could muck things up more.

I haven't contacted him yet. Not sure about all this.

Maybe it's all the turmoil in the hobby or just reading about all the scams, but what do you think?
If scan says delivered and you sent to a confirmed address, you're covered. Especially since he left you positive feedback.