View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 11:18 AM
R.L. Americana, LLC

This legal snipet is extremely incomplete. All commissions were collected by REA relating to the sales in question - it just took a long time. It is true that considerable legal action was necessary to collect all funds due by Nash and this Cooperstown Monument company (i am still due significant legal fees which were awarded to me). If we had no interest in collecting all funds due, I certainly would not have pursued collection. That said, in the end when Corey and I finally sat down to talk we quickly realized that we were on the same page on virtually everything and had no business being in a legal battle and continuing with appeals and legal nonsense was a waste of time and money. When we finally sat down we easily settled our matter - extremely amicably I might add - and have actually been on friendlier terms since than ever. In fact I’ve been able to help him with some pretty significant deals over the past year. With reference to Mastro Auctions, I was not a shill bidder! My role was to bring information about the issues of the company to the attention of the FBI and convince them this warranted looking at. If not for me, for better or worse, that business and their way of illegally operating would have probably continued to this day. I am literally moving today (sitting behind a truck as I type) and really have no desire to address every inaccuracy that is possible - I am retired and very much enjoying myself and family - but as many on this board know, i am always available to help collectors with feedback and information about collecting when possible.

Sincerely,

Robert Lifson

Robertelifson@gmail.com