View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 11:26 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I think trying to compare LOTG fully disclosing these issues to all bidders immediately (basically) and offering all of them an opportunity to pull their bids to what PWCC has been doing for years is laughable. It's not even in the same hemisphere let alone ballpark. So waiting for some major scandalous reaction is pointless here.
I am not waiting for any reaction and this is about what I expected. I figured there would be a few more posts about how they're the greatest, most honest auction house in the hobby.

I think it's unlikely that they didn't know the the tin had been cleaned up well before it was disclosed, and that they didn't notice the card had the alteration before they were tipped off.

If the consensus around here is that this type of alteration or conservation is acceptable I have a feeling the hobby will soon evolve to accept others that have only removed things from a card that were not there originally.

I personally don't think erasing a stain and damaging a card in the process is somehow better than using distilled water or a chemical to remove one and leaving no trace behind. I'm not sure it's any worse either.