View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Peter, who suddenly turned you into Eyor? Keep fighting the good fight. You and BODA are, and hopefully will continue, making a difference. What’s the worst that happens.... nothing changes. Thus, things can only get better and there is traction for that - FBI subpoenas, USA Today articles, some “rabbits” like me boycotting certain dealers, etc. And even if grassroot efforts cease, nothing good will come from the defeatist posts- that’s one way to embolden the wolves. Forward!! Or at least not backwards...
Ryan, Al's post today was a sobering reminder that I've been complaining about hobby fraud for more than a decade now and, as he rightly put it, zero has changed. Another tipping point was trying unsuccessfully to get an obviously cleaned card taken down from an active auction. I'm like, what's the use?

You're right, the negativity was counterproductive and too melodramatic, I regret calling attention to myself I was just extremely frustrated by it all and I guess like anyone who is passionate about something and makes a lot of effort, I have a bit of ego invested in it. I'll refrain from now on.

PS the rabbits reference was a bit over the top but I said it and it's been quoted anyway so I'll just leave it standing. Sorry if it offended, but if people don't want to spend their hard earned money on altered cards they really need to exercise some restraint and educate themselves, because the powers that be are not looking out for you.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-08-2019 at 05:11 PM.