View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 10:49 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Sadly I think you're right. Unless I am drastically underestimating what law enforcement will be able to accomplish here, and I think however well-intended and vigorous it will be limited, the unholy alliance of TPGs and (most) AHs and dealers and card doctors will just stamp it out and keep on keeping on. Too much easy money, too many really scummy people, not enough collectors who genuinely care. The ultimate cluster f***.
I'm holding on to a wee bit of optimism here...

I cannot recall any "scandal" quite this big within the hobby. I don't think Mastro or Operation Bullpen even came close. And there are still so many tainted cards that have not yet been revealed. Remember that Mastro/Allen and the Marinos were both put out of business after similar investigations.

I concede that nothing has changed as a result of past events, but this feels bigger. I have a slight inkling that the FBI will uncover some of the key pieces to this puzzle, and hopefully come down hard on the key parties involved.

If not, then I agree we are just in for more of the same. "Conservation" will prevail, and no changes are likely to happen (in our lifetimes anyway). This is THE opportunity for change, and just pray they don't blow it.