Thread: New card
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 08:30 PM
James

Default Response VWruss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Dude, I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but you have to see how your quote (above) now puts you in a very suspicious light. If you got ripped off by a scammer for $200 and you're just going to chalk it up to experience and do nothing about it, I imagine every single one of us is wondering if the 'fake' has been, in fact, yours all along and you posted the pics here to see if it was good enough to fool people. You can just throw $200 away?? This type of thing happens on the autograph side, where (probable) forgers will ask for opinions on big name signatures they are "thinking of buying" for the sole intent of seeing if their handiwork is getting good enough to trick the experts on the board. Again, to be clear, I don't know you, so I may be way off base, but I guarantee this is what most people are thinking at the moment.
Darren's skepticism is warranted. What's your response VWruss? Would love to hear details of the backstory or some verifiable info on the seller. "Gee shucks, how did I do on my tag sale purchase," is a yellow flag for a tagline -- if you knew enough to join this board I'm guessing you're very familiar with Google searches. "Live and learn" on throwing away ~$200 means you either have a great attitude and should be commended or Darren is likely right....