View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 04:00 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
One word: Registry. I cannot lie -- that was a brilliant idea. PSA creates a market for cards that it apparently cannot even grade accurately, at least based on the examples shown here, and then justifiably relies on the egos of people who: A) have much more money than sense; and B) buy the flip, not the card. Ingenious. I wish I had thought of that because it is literally the perfect scam. People feel good about falling for it and actually get recognized by PSA for doing so. How much better could it possibly get? When I see an otherwise $10 card going for 4 or 5 figures because there is a dick-measuring contest going on, it always makes me laugh. Again, whatever. If you have stupid money, I guess you are entitled to be stupid.
Given how wildly popular the registry is, isn't it in PSA's advantage to keep as many high grade cards in circulation as possible? And wouldn't they want to turn a blind eye to some of these restorations so that more collectors can get involved in registry collecting?

And every business wants to have happy customers who are good for repeat business. So who is happier- the guy whose cards get rejected for possible tampering, or the guy who consistently receives 8's, 9's, and 10's?

Just saying.