View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 05:09 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
People are casting wide nets and using terms like "fraud" and "illegality" a little too loosely. I don't see too many people here disclose every wax stain removed or pencil mark erased.

People in glass houses I guess...
I don't see a lot of folks disclosing wax stain removal or pencil marks erased either. But that doesn't mean it's ok just because most people aren't disclosing this stuff. If they know about the alteration, and don't disclose it, it is fraud. I would bet a lot of the guys selling on the BST honestly don't know of any alterations to their cards, so there is no fraud there. The debate should remain with situations where there is a card doctor knowingly submitting altered cards to a TPG with intent to deceive buyers. These little one offs about what if this or what if that or why is it illegal to trim a card are just distracting the conversation. At this point, it should really be clear (if you read the threads) why it is fraud and illegal to not disclose alterations if you know about them.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here