View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
A good friend of mine has a really great wrestling card collection and is working on high grade Wrestling All Stars sets and he isn't remotely worried about the registry. That said the scarcity of the cards can drive market behavior.

No one is taking on PSA unless they were to get shut down. In order to use another grader for the majority of your collection you want their grades to be the most coveted. It is too great of feat to get the market to switch.

New grading companies certainly would be welcomed because competition forces companies to get better but the landscape is very well defined.
If people completely lose faith in PSA's ability to detect alteration, and many are close right now I think, that would offset the registry to a great extent in my opinion. Cards on which people spend 4 and 5 figures are being outed by the hour by three guys behind a keyboard. Imagine the real scope of this.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-10-2019 at 06:59 PM.