View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 PM
Bill Gregory

I started off with Topps as a kid. 1979 Topps as a wee 7-8 year old, and I collected those until probably about 1992. Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck and all their variations. I've got a closet full of late 80s Topps.

Maybe ten years ago, I came back to the hobby, starting off with the shiny cards. Bowman Chrome certified autos. But I got tired of people asking $500 for a guy that had "potential", and might never make it to the bigs. For every Mike Trout there were 100 Mat Gamels.

Moving to vintage and pre-war just made sense. It got back to why I began collecting in the first place. The love of the game's history, and collecting for collecting's sake. Now, I'm just biding my time until I can really get back to the hobby. I've been working on my McFarlane collection until then. A few baseball, football or hockey Hall of Famers and greats a month. They're a lot of fun, and I can't wait to pair a T206 Cobb with the figure, or a Topps Jackie Robinson with the figure I just bought.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.