View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 01:39 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I've really noticed it too, and I've gone back and forth with new and vintage. For example, I enjoy busting packs from time to time. So I'll get a few packs when I go to the LCS to get supplies or go to Walmart to get groceries. But I'll also collect vintage.

And many people collect vintage. From time to time I run into guys that run auctions or buy storage buildings and then sell their stuff. Once I find out, I'll tell them to let me know if they ever find cards. The first question is what are you looking for. When I say vintage, they usually say yep that's what everybody is looking for. So it's becoming more and more popular.

Problem with vintage is prices. People think they're sitting on goldmines and ask 2-3 times what cards go for. It's frustrating to get into collecting vintage. I'm getting ready to start a thread asking about 1970s vintage. My main question is there investment potential. In other words, will it ever go up. I know the big thing is HOFer RCs and to some point HOFer stars. But not sure vintage's investment potential beyond that.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.