View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
I'm not challenging the accuracy of what you are saying, but simply expressing my amazement about the implications of what this means. So PSA slabs vintage cards with high grades, knowing that collectors will rely on those grades to justify in some instances spending mega mega bucks to buy the cards at auction. And then should (when?) the day come that it is revealed that these cards are altered and worth a fraction of what they sold for, and PSA receives claims to make good on their warranty, they just fork over the money? As I said before, based on how the warranty currently reads, assuming the scientific finality of such forensic conclusions, that is one interesting business model.
If it becomes too much of a burden I assume PSA will just revoke it. The train is running so fast I'm not sure anything could slow it down at this point. I don't think most people even care. You and I are from an era where the notion of altering a card was anathema. I'm not sure the newer folks spending megabucks these days have the same view. Heck, a guy spent well into 6 figures on a Jordan card that even PSA said was altered.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-17-2019 at 07:11 PM.