View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I'm a small fish and seldom venture out of the $300-$500 depth of pool. My biggest purchase in an auction was just over $2100. I recall having the exact same thought, "How am I ever going to justify this purchase or recoup the funds"? I realized that if I won the item I actually valued the item more than anyone already. The prospect that the funds could be recouped were then, and are now pretty dismal. This is only compounded by the rarity of the item. Nonetheless, I obviously pulled the trigger despite these factors. I love the pennant and remain extremely pleased that I did. Its collecting not investing in my case.
You would think that you are the one who will pay the most, but not necessarily. If you aren't going to far over previous sales, it seems easy to sell for more. I see cards from big auctions like REA instantly listed for sale on EBay. I see prices that cards sell for in PWCC auctions, way above those at AHs. I see cards listed even higher on here. It seems that there is no ceiling to prices for cards.