View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

That’s an excellent point. It happens to me a couple times a year. For me, most of my sales are small (under $10). PayPal has never returned their transaction fee so the percent doesn’t really matter - it is usually pennies. The 30 cents is the big hit. It would definitely affect a larger sale. The problem is if you accept refunds then the buyer can tell you to ship then return it and you have to pay shipping at least one way and eat the pp fee.

Thanks to the op. I did not realize that happened.

This is an escalation in the pissing match between eBay and PayPal. PayPal reeks of desperation because they know they will be out of business within a few years. They have decided to abandon all customer service and care - and grab as much cash as they can on the way out. I still accept PayPal but this, in addition to the discussion last month about returns, makes me want to switch if I didn’t think it would cost me a ton of business. Their recent policy changes show they are bitter and don’t care about your troubles with eBay if it is going to cost them money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKam View Post
Oooo, that's not cool.

It will most likely change how I go about refunding - I have the occasional "Can you please cancel this?" request an hour or two after purchase, so I may state that there are changes associated with wanting a cancellation without a real valid reason. It sucks, but if there is legitimate reason for a refund (item damaged, lost, etc.), then I don't mind taking that hit - just another cost to factor in.