View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLarry View Post
what happens if I am on the PayPal website to send money to someone, and I accidentally type in the wrong email address then hit send?

Larry
Real answer Larry -- if the email address is registered to someone (maybe you sent to johnsmith@gmail.com instead of johnsmith1@gmail.com for example), they'll get the payment, but you could file with PayPal buyer protection and get the money back, assuming you paid with goods and services.

If you send to a wrong email address that isn't registered with Paypal -- say, for example, johnsmith@gmai.com -- the money will come out of your account but the payment will be listed as Pending and Unclaimed. The email address you sent to receives an email letting them know they have money waiting. At any time that the money is Pending, you can cancel the payment.

In this case, it's not a real email address so no one will claim it, but in the evident it were a real address and they just weren't paypal members, they'd have the option to sign up for Paypal to claim the money, in which case, if they did, you could file with buyer protection just like noted above.

On a side note, I won't be in Jax this weekend, but hope to see you in May.

David