View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
When I sell a cheap, single card on eBay, I ship it in a PWE and charge accordingly. I do add stiffeners, but the envelope can't be over 1/4" thick or it is deemed by the USPS to be a First Class package instead of a First Class letter. A bubble mailer with a card & top loader inside is thicker than 1/4", and therefore is a First Class package. Also, I pay the 15 cents non-machinable surcharge (in addition to First Class postage), which (supposedly) means the USPS will NOT put it through its sorting machines; and I write "Non-Machinable" in red ink on both sides of the PWE. Knock on wood, but I haven't yet experienced any cards being damaged in transit, although I am not a high-volume seller.
This is not true. When I used to sell on another site, I would send without tracking in a bubble mailer at the non machinable rate when people wanted cheap shipping. I never sent in a pwe. There was a time when the post office made me make the envelope thicker (I would put a plastic peanut in the bubble mailer) to make it thicker in order for it not to ship at the cheaper rate and be able to buy tracking. This was before Paypal offered free tracking.