View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default Abe Liincoln Look n' See (Rookie) + more US Presidents

A lot of people not attuned to the hobby think that Mickey Mantle's rookie card was 1952 Topps. It wasn't - and I am not selling one anyway.

But Mickey Mantle wasn't the only player who had a big card in the 1952 Topps sets. Don't forget about Abe Lincoln's 1952 Topps Look n See card. Notes on the back speak of Abe also being a good wrestler, runner, and swimmer. Not quite a Jim Thorpe, but apparently quite an athlete in his day.

The Topps vs. Bowman battle was raging in 1952, and it spilled over to the issues about US Presidents. 1952 Bowman put out a set on US presidents to compete against the Topps Look n' See set.

Up for auction is a 1952 Look n See Abe Lincoln in well loved condition, plus 19 other US president cards, also well loved. The other cards are mostly from the 1952 Bowman US Presidents set. You will get a Martin Van Buren, with his hairdo that Larry Fine of the Three Stooges adopted, and a Chester A. Arthur, with some pork chop sideburns that Elvis made more famous.

I will also throw in a Balboa (not Rocky but the explorer) and Geronimo's 1956 Topps card - I think it was the last one of his playing career, and is #1 in the set. Tough card to get in nice condition, and being #1 in the set is probably one of the reasons why this one is also not in nice condition (along with the fact that someone had it in their back pocket for about three months apparently).

Auction starts at $1. The final auction price plus $3.50 shipping wins. Auction ends tomorrow 2/10 at 10:00. 10:01 is a minute late.

Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Honest Abe front.jpg (34.5 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg Honest Abe back.jpg (44.0 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg All my presidents.jpg (76.7 KB, 184 views)