View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Scott S

Your memory is pretty accurate - it was BC High, I would guess about 1995, and was thinking $350 for the joint-signed ball.

It was mind-blowing at that time for Russell to do a signing. This was a person whom I assumed I'd never have his autograph - the stories were legendary of how he wouldn't even sign an autograph for his friends and teammates. Glad he had such a change of heart - he is an icon for many reasons, and truly did seem to enjoy the interactions with (and adulation from) fans. Understandable that he acted as he did, based on how he was treated in the 1960s, but glad to be fortunate enough to meet him a few times in recent years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I think it was $300 for a jointly signed ball, but it was a long time ago so that's my best guess only. I don't recall an option of just getting one of them to sign. I thought about it then said nah too much. LOL.

They were sitting at a table together near the entrance, they did seem to both be enjoying it. I am pretty sure it was BC High, which used to be a big show. Lots of national dealers. I have no doubt that in hindsight whatever I bought that day pales compared to a Russell Wilt signed ball.