View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 07:26 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Why????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Man, why collect at all if you will never see the cards? Or are you a pure investor? Pre-War Safe Deposit Box, a division of PWCC. Whatever works, just hard for me to fathom.
If you knew how many times I go to my local safety deposit boxes to look at my cards, I would blush. Are you serious? I have collected since 1976. It is in my blood. If I lost my cards in my home to theft, fire, water, I'd be devastated.

The fact that they are in safety deposit boxes is due to my fear of keeping them "viewable". It is unfortunate but when a card or collectible reaches a certain value then I think it needs some type of protection.

I have thousands of collectibles in my reach that are not considered valuable enough to lose.

We all collect because we LOVE it I hope. Once things get valuable there is an obvious choice we all need to make. Keep it under the bed or get it to a bank or get it to the Vault (in the future). I'm not happy that I can't view my cards every day but I am at peace knowing where they are for viewing once a week!

Peace, Mike

PS And in 6 months, I'll be at peace knowing that some of my cards will be in the Vault out west and INSURED and viewable 24/7 on my computer. I like to diversify. I will not send all mty cards there but I love the notion.

Last edited by vthobby; 01-28-2019 at 07:34 PM.