View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:14 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Give or take, that is indeed the difference between a Ruth ball w/an overall PSA 8 vs. 9 grade. Absolutely. FYI, the large disparity in pricing is due to the minimal number of PSA 9 single signed Ruth balls in circulation. They are few and far between. A PSA 8 ball is great, but they are not extremely rare at the 8 grade. Once again, similar to a high-grade baseball card with a low pop, pricing is based on supply vs. demand. There are many eccentric enthusiasts that crave to own a Mint 9 Ruth ball, with minimal opportunities to capture one.
As I don't play the auto game, exactly what differences are they looking for that are noticed between a sig designated an 8 or a 9?

It seems silly to me, but that's jmo, on how a sig can be designated a grade the same way a card can be?

I can understand an old faded one compared to a well preserved one but if say, Ruth for example signed it, what makes his signature less worthy compared to other ones he has signed?

I don't know about anyone else, but if I had a proven, beyond a reasonable doubt, signed Ruth card or ball, I really don't think I'd be concerning myself with how well it was written by him.