View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:35 PM

Default Ruth Signed Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I just received a Heritage pamphlet for an upcoming auction on Feb 23rd-24th.

In it it shows a 1948 Babe Ruth single signed baseball PSA/DNA Mint 9 that shows it sold for $228,000 dollars once upon a time.
As you open the pamphlet up, right in the middle it shows another 1948 Babe Ruth single signed Baseball, PSA/DNA NM-MT 8 with only an estimate of $50,000?

Is there that much of a difference between a signed 9 and 8 or is this a reflection of the current signed card/memorabilia story that is going on?

I looked for the auction on their website but could not find it? I did notice this, however.
https://blog.ha.com/2017/10/sports-a...natures-101917
Give or take, that is indeed the difference between a Ruth ball w/an overall PSA 8 vs. 9 grade. Absolutely. FYI, the large disparity in pricing is due to the minimal number of PSA 9 single signed Ruth balls in circulation. They are few and far between. A PSA 8 ball is great, but they are not extremely rare at the 8 grade. Once again, similar to a high-grade baseball card with a low pop, pricing is based on supply vs. demand. There are many eccentric enthusiasts that crave to own a Mint 9 Ruth ball, with minimal opportunities to capture one.