View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 08:34 AM

Default Ted....

you are great people, and I can understand why the defense.....

but comparing apples and oranges here....

faded out / washed out T206 cards, collectors are wise to.....advanced collectors now can EASILY differentiate between a "washed" out card, or a truly missing ink scrap....

that's why TPG are rarely even grading these anymore.....THEY ACTUALLY GOT WISE....maybe they will with the autos???

that's why you see a washed out card on EBAY and someone is "claiming" it's missing ink, and it sits on ebay for years for $400 dollars....they will be lucky to get $100 or $200 and its still "iffy"

these missing ink cards are barely getting a few hundred if lucky...

the true missing ink cards are hard to detect.....

scrap is totally different- true scrap has characteristics that are nearly impossible to fake.....try creating(except a franken wagner and spending 14 k to a conservator)....you can't simply ADD big wonky borders, that's why I like my scraps way over or grossly miscut ect....truly proves the validity....

trimming cards- I'm sure that takes skill to get it past a TPG(although it happens)......not many people could trim a card up and get it into a 8 or a 9 holder.....it does probably happen when the grader is dozing off that day...

the Wagner 8 is a poor example.....that had corruption written all over it, and is a high profile type of conspiracy on that card.....bad mojo

kids, now a days, are super smart.....

go into any middle school .....give them examples of SIGNATURES.....FAMOUS AUTOS ECT......

have them practice autos.....I bet you get 2 out of 10 that are pretty talented with a ball point or a pen or a sharpie....these kids have a lot of talent artistically....i'll bet, 2 of the 10 can PROBABLY FAKE A MANTLE PRETTY GOOD....

id even bet.....get them to actually auto index cards....I bet 2 of the 10 would get through a TPG....

now, take the same group......give them high profile cards......have them trim them, and try to pass a TPG....a possibility, but the probability is highly unlikely....

now, take same group of 12 year old.....give them some T206.....have them "wash out" certain colors.....have them try to create a MAGIE out of a MAGEE.....have them try to add N'TL....have them try to create extra 100 year old cardboard, and paste them on the borders of T206, create template ghost images in the same period ink and create cards and get them past graders.....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

if an attempt was made, id love to see it....

better yet....my challenge- id love to see someones creation and try to get the scan by me I probably don't even need to see it in person to tell if it is legit or not......

maybe if you created one digitally, that would be the only way...

the litholgraphy is too easy to distinguish....

my point......there is always going to be beat shit in the hobby.....there are fakes of all cards I'm sure, some even probably get by......that's why we are so critical of these.... but not EVEN CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT OF AUTOED PIECES......the ability of BASICALLY ANYONE being able , or have the potential to fake an auto .....its been going on for hundreds, if not thousands of years!

cumulatively....if the t206 forger could have faked 100 or more of these......

100X1000 each card

that's one idiot alone with a pen.......'

think of ten idiots with sharpies and pens.....

it's a scary scenario......

it would suck to have too much vested in autos if their validity is always questioned.......it's terrible how a few can really mess up a great hobby for everyone else.....

the lesson- future autoes should be accompanied with extra "proof" if you will......documentation......extra expert analysis......photos....testimonials....

MORE STUFF!