View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 08:55 PM

Default Ben....

i agree also, a card could be doctored also, but what to doctor???

a corner?? a wrinkle?? soak a card???

I would imagine it would be hard to create national on joe doyle......

maybe trying to doctor magie, but that is difficult im sure....

most of my scrap left are impossible to forge, especially the fat bordered grossly big bordered , weird cuts, the yellow browns ect...the whole card would have to be created and the ones I have are legit...

so I'm not too sure how , at least, t206 can be altered more??? maybe trimmed cards....but I'm sure its not even close to the scale of forged autos...

bats, balls, index cards, 8 X 10's, anything signed, to me, is questionable unless there is provenance....

obviously, card doctoring can be done, and I am sure it is, but it is not , I'm sure, as prevelant in comparison to autos....

autos are just too easy to forge....

take a magee, try to "doctor" the e into an i and try to get it into a tpa....I'm sure they would detect it....there probably not too many people on the planet could pull it off, and if they did/could, it would be beyond skill...

so I'm not sure what else could be doctored???? even the fake rare backs were caught....?????

the profit margin isn't there on trying to fake/forge other cards....how many fake magies do you think a forger is going to get through??? 1 maybe if the stars aligned and the graders were sleeping...

I'm just saying, to go to that extent to try to forge big cards or try to replicate t206 as scrap is highly unlikely....almost slim to none...

show some examples???

not many to be found....

on the other hand, the surface , I'm sure, is just scraped!! this is the tip of the iceberg I'm sure....

now tpg can't even be trusted....I can see making a mistake on 1 or 2 but dozens of these????????????

if the t206 forger didn't buy the cards on ebay, no one would have ever figured it out!

NOW THAT IS SCARY!!!!!!

how many other cards were bought at shows, the forgers just signed the item in the bathroom, then submits to james spence???

I wonder how many cobbs or mantles were cooked up while the forger sat on the toilet at a card show??? dropping # 2's and laughing his/her ass off as they submit to jsa for a multi k payoff from a 20 dollar investment?

ugh.....when it comes to autos, it's beyond scary....just use logic ....it's common sense on this one....

this has happened over many years within the hobby with autos....

I believe , the future autos with concrete evidence (photos, testimonials of witnesses, provenance) will be highly prized....

so, lesson learned....if you are getting something autoed, take a picture and a picture of the piece....document it....

I have watched every episode of pawn stars too much