View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 06:34 PM
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
I'm sure can be done.....but I highly doubt as easy as picking up a pen or sharpie and a few hours practice....

try this with a twelve year old......I'm sure 5 out of 10 could prob fake an auto and get it through jsa....within a few hours....

then give the kid a t206 and have him create big bordered ghost image scrap or pull a magie error off with out detection of altering or trim up a nice 8....

aint gonna happen, only with the most advanced crooks maybe, just maybe....

simple logic.....auto are just to easy to fake...by just about anyone....sucks but true!!!

mantle and babe, I hate to say, prob 30 % or more are prob fakes(just an arbitrary number)....

to each his own definitely.....but I cant see dumping 30k or more on a cobb auto that may have a 50/50 shot at actually being legit...

make sense????

too easy to do....for so many people, cost nothing(pen ink) an a 12 year old could do it...

scary shit
i completely get why you would be reluctant to buy high-end autos so don't open up your wallet for it...but we all should recognize that the market is made outside of us individually or as a board community. the person who paid ~$76,000 for a gehrig signed 1928 exhibit (sold previously for ~$53,000 a little over a year ago) is not concerned about reselling it to you or me! if they have a money concern, it's probably about how their stock market investments are going to do? their concern about the signed gehrig exhibit is probably relegated to who they can invite over to show it off to or when they will get bored of it?

Last edited by griffon512; 12-31-2018 at 06:42 PM.