View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
Long-time lurker, first time poster.

About ten years ago, I sold several vintage cards from my collection, probably 8 or 9 total, at a time when my daughter was going to college and we needed help paying for her tuition. Long story short, ten years down the road, even though it was the right thing to do at the time, I still regret parting with those cards, as I know that, with the way prices have soared in the past decade with vintage cards, I'll likely never be able to replace them.

I was wondering if other collectors had sold cards over the years that they now regret not having - and probably can't replace - and what those cards were.

For me, my top 3 that I sold and miss are:
• N172 Old Judge Hoss Radbourn
• N300 Mayo's Kid Nichols
• 1933 Goudey Ruth (red background)
After reading your posting to this thread you started, felt I had to say this. Baseball card collecting is an enjoyable hobby for many and some make their living from it. To make a posting about regret from not having baseball cards, which financed your daughter's college education is a little disturbing. Being able to give your daughter something that can never be taken away and being so important, but looking back at that gift as a regret doesn't make sense to me.