View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:54 PM
L.arry Glads.tone

Default T206 scandal

as Chris just stated, the seller of my T206 baker is known by the investigative authorities and they do not want this publicly stated as the investigation is on going and CURRENT. as far as e bay fraud dept, they are useless. There may be a network of these sellers so we have to hope they can get to the bottom of this quickly.

There probably are many "better" but far from perfect forgeries out there graded & not graded by TPG's...DO YOUR OWN COMPARISONS and research...I used to write to the HOF and send yellow plaques to the players, so many of them signed so it is pretty obvious that a Rube Marquard plaque signature that I got back from him looks different that those crappy T206's that passed, same with Bill Terry 1933 Goudey. As an educated forum, any collector should really study & LEARN THE SIGNATURES if you collect autographs. There are plenty good ones out there thru google search, if your gut tells you something does not look right, it probably isnt...but this investigation does show one thing TPG services are OPINIONS, hopefully they get more right than wrong but its up to a buyer to educate yourselves as to what you buy. "a leap of faith sometimes can get you banged up"

Last edited by painthistorian; 12-05-2018 at 06:56 PM.