View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:23 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetBuilder View Post
I'm sure there are many scientific tests. None of which can possibly be done in the amount of time the TPA's take to make a determination (likely minutes) and the amount of money they charge for the service (peanuts).
Agree. TPA's are offering quick opinions for a relatively small fee.

And there's nothing wrong with a quick opinion for a relatively small fee, so long as you take it for what it is.

I think some parts of the hobby are a joke, but that it's just as much a fault of the collectors and sellers as the TPAs and graders. If a TPA gives a $10 quick opinion and on the LOA itself it says it's just an opinion, and collectors and sellers turn and treat it as the Sermon on the Mount & final cosmic arbiter of right or wrong/truth or untruth/holy or unholy/riches or rags, that's the collectors' and sellers' faults more than the TPAs-- at least in my opinion. My old saying is: If you go into a Three Stooges movie expecting Orson Welles, that's your fault not the movie's.

Duly note that I like the Three Stooges. I'm not putting the Three Stooges But they are, of course, what they are.

Last edited by drcy; 12-05-2018 at 07:00 PM.