View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:26 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Mark even in the case where the card is still slabbed, I do think I have a timeframe issue the further out one goes. If I were a dealer, I think that's a different situation, then to some extent I think buyers are relying on me as well as the TPG, but as a pure collector not holding himself out as having any expertise, that feels different. On a slabbed card anyhow. Raw card, different matter, but again, there has to be a reasonable timeframe for a return.
Here's the deal - you buy a car, after a short period no returns unless a lemon, pair of pants, you wash them no returns, Use half a can of soda - no return. What gives people the right to think that they can have an unlimited return on a baseball card? Dealer or not there are limits...

Did Steve Wynn get to return that $115 million dollar painting after he stuck his finger in it - no...

Buying collectables - caveat emptor - just like this board...

Also just because you are buying a collectable card (slabbed or not) doe s not guarantee you the right to believe you are entitled to a profit... eBay's current buyer friendly policies won't stand the test of time - someone will introduce a better mousetrap, same as those folks with the computer based grading system. (Where are they anyway???)

This is more a less the backstory behind Peter's question - the right to feel you are entitled to a profit even though you may not know what you are buying... Rant over
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.