View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
AH. Let me clarify my answer.

I think, if the person breaks the slab, then I agree with you in some ways. You sold a slabbed card. The person is returning an unslabbed card. Who's to say they didn't do something to the card or are trying to do something underhanded themselves. Supposed the TPA dropped it and damaged the card? I can definitely see there being a case for not accepting it back in that instance.
What I was more addressing was the slabbed card being returned in the same condition but now being know to be fake. Somehow I think I interpreted one of your responses that way.
I agree with Conor in that if you are selling an item, you should stand behind that item, but when the item has been altered it makes the water much more muddy.
As far as the time frame, with a business like a known dealer, the time frame should not matter. When it's a collector to collector, it becomes difficult to swallow the further out it goes. I don't think there is any one right way.
Mark even in the case where the card is still slabbed, I do think I have a timeframe issue the further out one goes. If I were a dealer, I think that's a different situation, then to some extent I think buyers are relying on me as well as the TPG, but as a pure collector not holding himself out as having any expertise, that feels different. On a slabbed card anyhow. Raw card, different matter, but again, there has to be a reasonable timeframe for a return.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.