View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 09:16 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I am one so. I've been to card shows since the 80's. 2 of my friends owned card shops from the 80's to the mid 90's. I can count on 2 fingers the amount of signed T206's I saw from 1000's of old cards. Now every auction recently you have your pick of old timers on every brand of card. Put your order in and boom it's signed. This huge signed card business was non existent, I mean zero, zero, zero interest because there just weren't enough out there. No one, not buyers, PSA, SGC, JSA questioned all this signed cards? No one? So since business was good they just kept making them. Sorry JMO.
I know there are finds and exceptions, but I have the same general observation about prewar cards in high grade.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.