View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:07 AM
B. Schneid.
Ben Sch.neider

I think this tarnishes JSA’s reputation pretty bad since they seem the link that had originally authenticated all of these before they were sent to PSA and SGC. Not that those TPGs are off the hook either.

But this really makes you think what other autos besides t206 did JSA miss? Chances are good the forger didn’t start out forging t206 autos until a few years ago when he or she realized the prices autograph t206s were going for. I’m sure there may be hundreds if not thousands of card autographs from after the war that were forged before or during his or hers t206 forgeries. Think Clementes, Williams, Mays, Gehrig, Ruth, you name it.

To me, no era is safe. Especially if JSA clearly doesn’t do any real hard forensic work. I’m assuming they just reference a few authentic autographs in their database and compare them and give them a thumbs up. That may have been a beneficial service before the internet but nowadays you can look up any autograph online and with just a little penmanship practice pass JSA’s and the TPG test.