View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 08:44 AM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
I would go with one of the 1928 F50 ice cream sets. I believe Yuenglings are easier than the other 3 - Harrington's, Sweetman, and Tharp's. Or, you could do a F50 set in which you obtained a mixture of these 4 advertising backs, as I believe the checklist is the same for each.
Thanks- I'll check those out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
If you could live without Ruth and Gehrig, the 1934-36 Diamond Stars set is awesome. There's only 108 cards in the set, which is about as colorful as any you could imagine. You could also skip the last 12 cards because those players are already represented in the set, which leaves just 96 cards, and nothing too tough to find. If you really want a Ruth and a Gehrig, you could get 1934 Goudey premium of Ruth, and a 1934 Goudey (pick from two poses) of Gehrig.
Yea, this is still an option for me- would more than likely do '33s of Gehrig/Ruth if I go this route!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
Not sure what your budget is but a low grade 33 might not be too bad if you skip lajoie and only pick up 1 of the Ruths and 1 of the Gehrigs. If I was going to try to complete a 20s or 30s set that's the one I'd want.
No real defined budget, I debated this set for a while (and actually led to posting this thread)- I just know the completist in me would want to do all 4 Ruths if I went that route and I have too many sets I want to do to make that financially feasible!